Welcome to the professional Website of Remy Courdier
Dernière mise à jour le jeudi 14 mai 2020 à 13:13
Full Professor in Computer Science
Head of the Working Group on Collective Adaptive Systems in the LIM Lab
- May 2020, Research collaboration, Series of scientific exchange meeting with the OPAALE research unit of IRSTEA in the field of urban bio-waste agent-based simulation.
- Apr 2020, validation of the joint thesis of Mr. Nathan Aky, doctoral student under my supervision, with the university of Sherbrooke as part of the France-Quebec cooperation program.
- Dec 2019, Research collaboration, invitation of Pr.Sylvain Giroux (Univ. of Sherbooke,CA) as senior academic visitor for a 15 days research stay in the LIM Lab.
- Nov 2019, Research animation, Think Tank meeting on "Smart city & Island of Réunion Island", seminar on IoT and SmartCity.
- Oct 2019, Talk on international Conference, PRIMA'2019, Torina, Italy
- Sep 2019, New academic position, Permanent professor of the "Institut Indianoceanique du Numérique" (IIN), University of Reunion Island.
Prof. Rémy Courdier received The Ph.D. degree in computer science from Nice Sophia-Antipolis University (France), he defended an accreditation to supervise researches projects and teams "Habilitation a Diriger des Recherches (HDR)" in 2003. He is university professor since 2008 and has been head of the Computer Science and Mathematics Research Laboratory of the University of Reunion Island. He has a strong Background in software engineering by working in R&D Teams of international IT Companies such as Digital Equipement Corporation and Schneider Electric. His research and extensive extracurricular activities combine interests in artificial intelligence, socio-technical systems modeling and decision support.
adaptive collective systems, multi-agent systems, agent based modelling, multi-agent simulation, cognitive computing, spatial planning, sustainable development, urban system simulation
- 2019 : Director of Graduate Studies at Ecole Supérieure d'Ingénieurs Réunion Océan Indien
- 2018 - today : Head of Master of Advanced Studies in Computer Science (work/training scheme)
- 2013 - 2014 : Visiting Professor at Imperial College London (UK)
- 2011 - today : 1st Class Full Professor at University of Reunion Island
- 2009 - 2011 : Director of the ESIROI-STIM University engineering school (ICT Departement)
- 2008 - 2011 : Full Professor University of Reunion Island
- 1999 - 2015 : Head of the research team on Multi-Agents System and Networks (SMART), LIM Lab
- 2003 - 2007 : Head of the Applied Mathematics and Computer Sciences Research Institute (IREMIA)
- 1997 - 2003 : Head of Master of Advanced Studies"DESS Réseau Multimédia Internet"
- 1996 - 2008 : Associate Professor at University of Reunion Island
- 2003 - Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (HDR) - University of Réunion Island, France
- 1993 - Doctorate (PhD Thesis) University of Nice - Sophia Antipolis, France more...
National & Internat. Cooperations
- MD, University of Antananarivo, Magalasy MOU, fr
- UK, Imperial College London DCE Partners (2014), Digital City Exchange Programme
Experience in IT industry (9 years)
- 1988-1996, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, Programmable Logic Controller research department, Sophia Antipolis, France
- 1987-1988, DIGITAL EQUIPMENT COORPORATION, Distributed architecture R&D department, Ferney Voltaire/Genève, France
Address : University of La Réunion - EA2525-LIM / ESIROI - Parc Technologique Universitaire – Bâtiment 2 - 2 rue Joseph Wetzell – 97490 Sainte Clotilde, La Réunion (France)
Phone: +262 (0)262 48 33 27; Fax: +262 (0)262 52 89 05
Twitter id: @rcreunion; Skype: rcreunion